Summer Day Camp 2017 will be held at Blanchard Valley Center on June 6, 7, 8 & 13, 14, 15 … Continue reading
(Scholarship applications are for an individual child living in the State of Ohio)
Special Kids Therapy is proud to offer scholarships to financially support children with special health needs and their families with the cost of non-traditional therapies or activities that are not covered by insurance. We encourage all families, regardless of financial status, to apply for our special needs scholarship. Our scholarships would not be possible without the donations of our friends and supporters.
Scholarships are not intended for everyday medical expenses, medical needs, insurance premiums, prescription costs, or schooling. They are intended for outside experiences and activities that enrich the life of the child.
Before completing the online Scholarship application, please gather the following:
- In order to be considered complete, each scholarship must include:
- Statement from child’s physician
- Denial from insurance
- Copy of insurance cards
- Acceptance and Invoice from provider
- Denials from other organizations helpful but not required
- Completed application with parent/guardian signature
- Applications must be complete.
- ***Families applying for iPads or tablets must complete an iPad and Apps Training Course provided at no cost at SKT’s Office in Findlay, Ohio in order to receive a device. Training will include device set-up, an Apps Consultation, and App Training. SKT will offer a minimum of three (3) training opportunities per Quarter. If your schedule does not permit for attending one of the scheduled training sessions, you may have to wait until the next quarter.
- Applications must be received at least two weeks prior to each Quarterly Scholarship Review Date. (2015 dates: 02/28/2015, 05/31/2015, 08/31/2015, 11/30/2015)
- Decisions will be made within 45 days of the Quarterly Scholarship Review Dates. Please do not contact the office prior to 45 days.
- Applications will be accepted without regard to race, national origin, ethnic background, sex or religion.
- The child must be diagnosed as physically, mentally, or emotionally disabled and meet all criteria to be considered.
- Scholarship awards will be made only to service providers or the vendor/organization that employs the provider
- Scholarships are awarded for the benefit of the individual applicant NOT to the service provider and can only be used for the benefit of the individual applicant.
- SKT will consider applications based on merit and the availability of funds.