Who We Are
Special Kids Therapy (SKT) helps special health needs children with necessities and fun therapies that are not met by insurance, other charities, and/or government agencies.
SKT clients include children with moderate to severe physical, mental and/or emotional challenges.
Examples of what SKT can do:
- Maintain a list of practitioners and assist with financing for proven complimentary/alternative therapies such as:
- Animal Therapies
- Massage Therapy
- Water Therapy
- Art & Music Therapy
- Other appropriate therapies
- Assist families with the purchase of special medical equipment. Such as electrical wheelchairs and other mobility aids, communication equipment and auditory equipment that are not covered by insurance.
- SKT sponsors two sessions of summer camp activities. Each session is 3 days per week for 3 weeks (this is for Hancock County only).
- SKT sponsors a day for family activities,therapies and unity each year at Camp Berry Boy Scout Camp Facility outside of Findlay, Ohio. Presently the day can only provide for 30 families and applications are accepted as received. Children from surrounding counties attend the event. Some of the activities for the day are:
- Animal Contacts
- Horse and Wagon Rides
- Massage & Reflexology
- Caricature Artist
- Interactive Programs
- Motivational Programs
- Sibling Workshops
- Special Kids Therapy is an all volunteer 501(c)3 charitable organization. You can help! See the SKT donation page.